Junior Product Developer – Chichester
We are currently recruiting for a Junior Product Developer to join our busy team in Chichester, West Sussex. You will have good knowledge of the job title/industry
Role responsibilities include:
This role is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to learn and develop new skills in a busy, cross category product development team.
As a Junior Product Developer you will support and work alongside our experienced product development team to ensure our products are always of the highest quality, key ranges are launched in a timely and efficient manner, and projects are managed with a high level of accuracy from concepts to finished, on-shelf products.
Key tasks and responsibilities
• Assisting the Product Developers in all areas, working closely on key products
• Working on critical date paths with the PD’s, from initial concepts, right though to production.
• Working with the design department from initial ideas/concepts to creation of commercially designed product ranges
• Set up new projects and product codes, ensuring that all product data on relevant business systems is accurate and available on a timely basis
• Proof reading of products and packaging, as well as proof checking print files
• Liaise with UK, European and Far East suppliers, building strong relationships.
• Manage all supplier sample requests
• Assisting in new product innovation, offering commercial product ideas and suggestions
• Understand reports and interpret sales data in the development of new ranges, showing reason and logic to make recommendations
• Develop a full working knowledge of supplier costs and trade prices, to ensure final designs are in line with agreed gross margin contribution levels
• Supporting the product development team with ad-hoc admin duties.
The ideal candidate for this Junior Product Developer role will have:
• Creativity and a passion for product
• A commercial, analytical and data driven approach with strong attention to detail
• Strong organisational skills with an ability to manage a busy workload, and still deliver to deadlines, whilst always striving for excellence.
• Proficiency in all MS Office applications.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• A positive, hardworking, ‘Can Do’ attitude is a must, as is drive, enthusiasm and a willingness to learn
• Some knowledge of print, production, colour management and reprographic techniques desirable
• Knowledge of product development or project management desirable
Salary and Benefits:
The salary for this full time role is £18000 to £22000, dependent on experience
Benefits to include 20 days holidays plus bank holidays, pension