Job Title: Credit Controller
Hours: Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm
Location: Haywards Heath
Responsible for the collection of monies due from appointed agents, within credit terms in order to deliver and achieve department, team and individual targets. Lead by growth targets set out in the Group Finance Business Plan. To minimise the Credit Risk to MISL through pro-active Credit Control & prompt highlighting of problem intermediaries.
* Work within the parameters of the agreed business plan for Group Finance
* Work within agreed processes in order to deliver the business plan in line with the Group Finance policy
* Provide support to the Credit Control Team Leader by ensuring delivery of own & team performance
* Build, maintain and strengthen business relationships with external and internal contacts via pro-active open communication
* To reconcile complex statements & bordereau's, either manually or by way of auto reconciliation tools;
* Able to unravel and solve old queries relating to statement and bordereau's to reduce the older debtors on I90 and Landscape.
* Issuing cheque payments to intermediaries
* To investigate historical aged debt which may require some detailed re-work of reconciliations.
* Consider Credit Risk to MISL at all times and refer to Credit Control Team Leader any intermediary considered to be a concern.
* Adherence and enforcement of MISL Credit Terms to ensure prompt collection of premiums thus improving operational cash flow
* Identification, investigation and resolution of account queries
* Working on the books of business, by utilising three software systems, I90, Landscape and Quotall.
* Identification of intermediaries who make no payment or an inadequate payment
* Good work ethic and real enjoyment of a credit control role including bordereau accounts
* Attention to detail
* Methodical approach
* Quick learner, able to hit the ground running with little guidance
* Hunger to reduce debt
* 22 days annual leave plus bank holidays
* 5% pension contribution scheme
* 1 day's paid leave to volunteer per year
* Discounts with over 5,000 shops, restaurants and other retailers
* Discounts on insurance products (travel, gadget, and home insurance)