COMPETITIVE SALARY PACKAGE
About Our Company
Based in Newhaven (East Sussex), King & McGaw is the UK’s leading on-line fine art retailer and publisher, as well as an award-winning supplier of prints and stationery to major museums and cultural institutions. We specialise in digital art printing and framing on demand for the museum and cultural sector, as well as our own fast growing and profitable website kingandmcgaw.com
We are looking for an exceptional Finance Director to take a leadership role in continuing our momentum towards the next level with strategic financial decision making, overseeing our finance team, and, as a Board member, playing a major part in the development of this exceptional business.
Working closely with the Managing Director and senior management team, the new role of Finance Director will be integral to the overall success and performance of the business. Sitting on the Board of Directors, you will inform and contribute to strategic decision-making, but also challenging assumptions when necessary. With an emphasis on analysis, strategy and commercial drivers rather than statutory reporting, other key responsibilities will include:
• The interpretation and understanding of business performance
• Provide an analytical and detailed approach to business reporting and analysis
• Continuous drive to improve reporting, processes and systems
• Oversee the annual strategic planning and budgeting process
• Ensure the delivery and execution of a robust FP&A function
• Challenge the norm to develop bottom and top-line growth
The Successful Applicant
The new Finance Director must have a hands-on approach, as well as a commercial and entrepreneurial outlook. An ability to see the bigger picture and an ability to use analytical skills to create value will be essential. The successful candidate will understand many of the challenges and drivers of our online business and integrated manufacturing. Other attributes for the Finance Director include:
• Qualified accountant (ACA / CIMA)
• Experience in a growth orientated business
• Able to set up processes, procedures and systems
• Effective negotiator and influencer
• Strong financial / corporate governance experience
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Well-developed analytical skills
What's on Offer
A competitive salary package and the opportunity to join a fast-growing business. The package will include the opportunity to earn bonus and share options.
If you are interested in this role and you feel you meet the above criteria, please send a covering letter and your CV.