Senior Support Worker – Victoria Lodge, Bognor Regis – £9.50-£10.00p/h
Would you like to work at our new development at Victoria Lodge in Bognor Regis? If yes, we would like to hear from you.
The service is a 6 bedded specialist brain injury and neurological unit. It is easily accessible by bus, train and within close proximity to the local amenities.
Benefits of being a CareTech Employee:
• Career progression path within the company
• Employee Assistance Helpline
• Flexible Additional Holiday Purchase Scheme
• DBS check paid by CareTech prior to starting with us.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
• To supervise and lead a team of support workers to enable our service users to lead as fulfilling and satisfying a life as they possibly can
• To act as a role model for staff, so that they are encouraged to understand the people you are support
• To be actively engaged with service users and staff, continuously seeking opportunities for improvements to service users lifestyles and staffs skills and commitment to achieve this
• To participate in the day-to-day implementation of individual support plans and activities within a challenging environment
• To maintain effective communication and liaison with service users, families and other whilst respecting appropriate confidentiality
• To maintain accurate notes and records as and when required
• To work as part of a team to provide high quality care.
The Successful Candidate for the role will have
• NVQ Level 3 in Health and Social Care or equivalent is essential
• Experience in supporting adults with challenging behaviour, learning disabilities and/or mental health issues
• The ability to keep calm under pressure
• Confidence to work alone and as part of a team
• Excellent communication skills
• The passion to work with vulnerable Adults
• The desire and commitment to achieve high standards of safeguarding.
CareTech Community Services established in 1993 has 250 services with continuous growth with new developments/services. CareTech Community Services is a national provider of support for people with complex and challenging behaviours associated with autism, learning disabilities, mental health illness and neurological conditions.
We support people to live as independently as possible within their own homes and also in residential care. We are committed to providing the highest levels of care to our residents. To enable us to do this we need caring and dedicated professionals to deliver first class care.
All applicants will be subject to satisfactory references and all employees are checked against the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS).
* Some of our roles require male or female employees only, where this is indicated it is a genuine occupational requirement, in accordance with the Equality Act 2010.
CareTech Community Services are proud to announce that they are a Disability Confident Leader.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES.