As a global investment manager, we help institutions, intermediaries and individuals across the planet meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future. But as the world changes, so do our clients’ needs. That’s why we have a long history of adapting to suit the times and keeping our focus on what matters most to our clients.
Doing this takes experience and expertise. We bring together people and data to spot the trends that will shape the future. This provides a unique perspective which allows us to always invest with conviction. We are responsible for £418.2 billion (€476.3 billion/$543.3 billion)* of assets for our clients who trust us to deliver sustainable returns. We remain determined to build future prosperity for them, and for all of society. Today, we have 4,000 people across six continents who focus on doing just this.
We are a global business that’s managed locally. This allows us to always keep our clients’ needs at the heart of everything we do. For over two centuries and more than seven generations we’ve grown and developed our expertise in tandem with our clients’ needs and interests. Explore our interactive timeline to see how we’ve been shaping financial futures since our very beginnings.
Schroders’ culture and core values of Integrity, Passion, Teamwork, Innovation and Excellence are fundamental to our success, and it is important we reflect them in everything we do.
Schroders provides industry leading benefits from core components of pension, life assurance and private health care, through to an extensive range of Health and Wellbeing benefits, gym membership in London and an Employee Assistance Programme to improve both the physical and mental wellbeing of our teams.
*as at 30 June 2017
IT at Schroders is not just about technology; it's about problem solving using cutting edge technology to support the business and deliver high end solutions. We encourage innovation and value excellence. We are a global function that’s managed locally and this allows us to develop and deploy systems and processes across our international offices. To learn how we’ve grown, explore our interactive timeline to see how we’ve been shaping financial futures since our very beginnings.
We also recognise that successfully balancing personal and professional commitments brings out the best in our teams and therefore all roles in Global Technology are reviewed for suitability for flexible working arrangements, with this specific opportunity available to applicants from 3 to 5 days per week. We passionately believe that individual performance is enhanced by embracing the whole individual and structuring a working environment that supports them.
This role involves working within Global Technology, taking a lead role and drawing from previous experience and industry best practices in identifying areas that need improving or updating. Driving change to the existing asset management capability for both software and hardware. Define and implement the changes to ensure we have highly effective asset management going forward.
The candidate would carry out activities to drive efficiency and will play a key role by testing the processes along with knowledge transfer and education to the BAU teams. This will involve working with the existing teams to capture/define/execute improvements through your experience.
• Review and document the existing process and identified changes, to deliver the change
• Implementation of policies and standards governing hardware asset management
• Understanding of best practice in hardware asset management space as well as awareness of new technologies
• Administer the tools and technologies as required to support recording of hardware allocations
• Support the teams in the population of the data and auditing to maintain accuracy
• Respond to queries on entitlement, process and governance
• Govern and support the processes regarding effectiveness and risk
• Maintain configuration Items naming conventions, identification standards for object types, environment, processes
• Manage agreed interfaces with the Change and Configuration Management team and other users of the CMDB
• Management of libraries, toolset and data, ensuring housekeeping and maintenance is undertaken
• Work with governance, performance and reporting to ensure suitable data and status reports are produced on schedule
• Strive for continuous improvement
General and Technical Skills:
• Experience of working collaboratively with multi-disciplinary teams with a delivery focus in both project and operational environments
• Previous experience of working with the ServiceNow platform is desirable but not essential
• Experience of automating reports (as far as data sources/tools will allow)
• Comfortable with using technology as a communication medium - Intranet, Wiki’s
• Fully conversant with Microsoft Office including Word, PowerPoint, Excel (advanced skills) and common diagramming tools
• Excellent spoken and written English skills and the ability to write clear and concise text for different audiences
• A wide experience of flexible and proactive information gathering
• Experience of creating & interpreting monthly reporting statistics for complex IT environment
• Strong personal organisation skills and ability to manage own time to meet deadlines
• Ability and confidence to take charge of diverse tasks and deliver high quality work in a challenging and ever-changing environment
• Effective time management and organisational skills and the ability to prioritise own workload under pressure from a high volume of work and conflicting priorities
Qualifications & Experience :
• Knowledge of Information Technology
• Written and verbal communication skills
• Proven researching ability
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or a related field
• IT Asset Management and Discovery Tools experience
• Experience interpreting licensing terms and conditions
• IAITAM certification
• Awareness or evidence of working in an agile environment
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.