Due to a major IT restructuring programme we have a new site near Horsham that needs new teams with new ways of working. You may have already made a career out of IT or you may still be finding your feet, but either way, as long as you are not afraid of hard work in a challenging environment, we still want to hear from you.
Although processes and procedures will be in place from the start, you will still have the opportunity to provide input to improve and refine the service that we offer moving forwards.
We’re a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 4,000 people on six continents. And we’ve been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn’t change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
You’ll be based at our new Broadlands Business Campus near Horsham in West Sussex. That’s home to our new Technology Operations Centre.
It’s a brand new site, and a brand new team, putting digital first. So we’re looking for people who are excited about setting things up, shaking things up, and working across teams. It’s a chance to shape how we work rather than slot into an established structure.
It’ll have same high standards and international reputation as our HQ in the City of London, without being in the city: a big, countryside campus (and no commute on the Tube) means life will feel a little different.
As a member of the Global Hosting team working within the Technology Operations Centre you will be part of the wider Technology family, working alongside (sometimes physically, sometimes virtually) colleagues in all serviceline’s around the world.
Global Hosting are responsible for the Wintel, Unix / Solaris, Storage, Database, Backups, Cloud and Automation serviceline’s, from an operational perspective through to design and delivery. As such, you and other team members at all levels will have a huge amount of experience between you to help each other where needed.
What you’ll do
• Work as part of a Global multi-locational cross-matrix team in a dynamic and high pressured environment
• Adhere to the Serviceline’s Global Policies and Standards
• Attend training courses related to the Serviceline as well as taking ownership of your own career progression through continual learning
• Form a professional working relationship with all levels of the Global Serviceline including the Service Desk, Operations, Engineering teams and external vendors in order to share, assist and learn as well as to ensure cohesive incident ownership and resolution
• Proactively own incidents, problems, issues and change requests whilst adhering to the documented processes within the scope of the Global Serviceline whilst adhering to SLA’s and OLA’s where relevant
• Provide an excellent level of ticket management throughout the incident, change, problem or issue, and escalate within agreed guidelines and timelines
• Act as a technical resource for Change Requests, maintenance, firmware upgrades and recurring patch cycles within the scope of the Global Serviceline
• Utilise documented Standard Operating Procedures and other documentation provided
• Highlight any cost saving, shift left or automation opportunities, gaps or possible improvements in the Standard Operating Procedure library, other support documentation and general processes within the Serviceline as part of the Continual Service Improvement process.
• Adhere to Schroders Information Security and Compliance policies and standards within the Global Serviceline
• Provide the highest level of internal customer service during direct or indirect customer interaction
• Shift work, weekend work and being on-call will be required
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Experience of managing a ticket based workload
• Experience providing support using documented operating procedures and processes
• Oracle Professional certification
• Ability to effectively and efficiently prioritise and execute tasks within a high pressured environment
Knowledge of the following
• Oracle 10 onwards
• High Availability using Oracle Dataguard
• Experience of Oracle E-Business Suite
• *NIX administrative skills
• Experience of delivering improvement through debugging code and optimising queries
• Creation and development of scheduled database maintenance routines
• Active Directory in relation to databases
• Bash, scripting and automation in relation to databases
• Security and vulnerability based approach to security hardening
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
• Experience of working in the financial sector
• Experience, knowledge or a qualification in the ITIL Framework
• Experience of ServiceNow
• Experience of Azure administration
• Knowledge of storage and backup solutions
• Working in an Agile environment
• A degree-level qualification in a computing or technical discipline
We’re looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You’re welcome here whatever your sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.