£17.13 Per Hour (Temporary Contract)
Based in Copthorne, West Sussex
Our client, an established sheltered housing provider located in located in Copthorne, is currently looking to recruit a Site Manager to work on a temporary contract from August to December. This position is paying an hourly rate of £17.13.
The main purposes of this role is to manage a new build residential site ensuring the construction of a quality product, in a safe manner, within agreed budgets and timescales, working closely with the Sales Team to ensure customer satisfaction and to ensure the company's policy on Health and Safety and the Health and Safety Legislation are met and safe working practices are actively encouraged.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Supervise and co-ordinate sub-contractors, material suppliers and utility providers to ensure an efficient method of build in accordance with the construction programme and the quality and cost standards required by the company
* Ensure that all work is scheduled to ensure production targets are achieved and a high quality of product is maintained as well as ensuring costs are kept within budget. To ensure that all details as specified in the drawings and instructions are adhered to
* To co-ordinate and control the sub-contractors on the site, provide appropriate information concerning additional requirements and handle any problems which may arise
* Deal with Sales, Commercial and Technical departments ensuring that up to date records of site activities are retained and to help implement cost/quality control
* Introduce new methods and ideas to look at ways of improving the organisations goals and enhancing the reputation of the company
* The Individual should have a minimum of 10 years' experience in a construction management role within the house-building sector
* Experience of supervising tradesmen and subcontractors, scheduling and calling off material orders, programming, snagging, and liaising with sales
* Able to plan and organise self and others to achieve objectives and deadlines
* Take responsibility for and lead the combined project operational team to achieve the target start on site, show-home opening, CML and legal completion targets in line with budgets
* CSCS Managers Card - mandatory
* CITB (SMSTS) Site Managers Safety Course
* First Aid Training
About Morgan Jones:
Due to the high volume of applicants applying for all roles, we can only reply to candidates with the most relevant skills and experience. If you have not heard back from us within 48 hours of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
To view other great opportunities, visit our website or follow Morgan Jones on your favourite social networks - Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn.