Tinkers Hatch cares for 28 residents with LD needs and is looking to recruit a Finance Administrator to administer all aspects of the finances for the home and our Clients. This broadly based and rewarding role we are looking a 5 day a week 4-5 hours per day. Formal qualifications and previous finance experience essential, and candidates must be able to demonstrate competency in Sage, Excel and Word.
20 / 25 hours per week with core hours 10.00am to 2.00pm
Main Purpose of Job
To assist the directors/manager to ensure the efficient management of financial procedures. To maintain accounting systems.
Computer – Sage, Systematics, Microsoft office and RotaCloud. (training will be given)
managing and reconciliation of creditors and timely payment
Paying weekly payroll
To ensure all client files and accounts are prepared, issued, updated and maintained in line with company policy and regulatory and statutory requirements.
Petty cash and bank reconciliation with report weekly
Prepare and submit Annual, Monthly and weekly returns, Statutory returns such as P32, PAYE, N.I.
• Safeguarding monies on behalf of residents, and any funds raised by the home.
• Maintain table of Client bank balances.
• Maintaining a well-ordered filing system, stationary replenishment and client file management
• To send out monthly invoices for Clients and Authorities. Check payments received and appraise Manager of receipts and any problems.
• To maintain purchase ledger
• Administration of wages to bank
• Administration of Staff pension – calculation, adding and removing of members
• To provide weekly bank figures and monthly budget outrun for Partners and Manager.
• Liaison with DWP and forms on behalf of Clients where necessary.
To assist in the preparing of accounts and annual budgets in conjunction with the Accountants and end of year reports.
Liaise with Company Accountants
Prepare fee/benefit list for new year, assist filling in client DWP forms and log changes
Corporation and self-assessment tax payments for Directors
Liaise and gather information for the Accountant/Auditor
Year end journals and procedure in Sage.
To liaise with Directors/Manager and responsible authorities regarding annual fee increase
Support and cover HR on annual leave and sickness
Minute taking at various meetings
Attendance of Staff Meeting
Use of own initiative.
To establish good working relationships with staff, client’s and employers.
This job description is as comprehensive as possible, there may be omissions and additions but this will not change the description of the job.
This role will be subject to a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
To be conversant with Tinkers Hatch emergency procedures.
To bring to the attention of the management any health and safety concerns.
On no account should you discuss any client's affairs with family/visitors without the manager’s permission.
· Salary £26,773.50 pro rata. You will be paid weekly by BACS
· On-going FREE training and development opportunities
· Refer a friend bonus scheme
· Company pension scheme
· Varied and interesting work
· 5.6 weeks annual leave per annum, pro rata