Registered Care Home Manager
An experienced Residential Home Manager is required for our clients' 17 bedded residential care home in Eastbourne. The home specialises in the care of adults of all ages who are living with early stage dementia or other mental health disorders. Part of a small group of friendly and supportive nursing homes in the South East of England, the home is currently rated Good by CQC.
Core Activities, Duties and Key Tasks
* To oversee the daily management of the home, residents, staff and resources
* Ensure the home is a friendly and caring environment for our residents whilst providing a high standard of specialised personal care
* To support and care for our residents
* Provide a welcoming, inclusive environment for our staff
* Model professional behaviour of staff through professional behaviour and values
* Responsible for maintaining resident occupancy and working to budgets
* Responsible for staff retention and recruitment
* Build relationships with all stakeholders: CQC, Social Services, local GPs, relatives and the community as a whole
* Ensuring the home complies with all CQC standards
* Will report to the Operations Manager and the Directors
* Experience as a Manager or Deputy Manager within a residential care home
* Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care
* You must be passionate about care and in particular dementia care and the welfare of residents and their families
* Excellent communications skills and experience dealing effectively with residents, relatives and stakeholders
* A candidate with an understanding of proper HR processes and experience managing staff
* Experience with marketing and engaging with stakeholders to maintain occupancy
* Experience with safeguarding procedures
* Salary £32,000 per annum
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you
have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future
advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA
Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment &
Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications
from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender
reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit
on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding
current entitlement to work in the UK.