Supporting a duty team helping to manage the urgent ‘on-the-day’ care needs of our patients within an innovative and forward thinking practice where our multi-disciplinary team includes doctors with special interests, a prescribing nurse practitioner, first contact physiotherapist, clinical pharmacist and social prescriber.
The Practice supports the Primary Care needs to a patient list of c12,500.
The Practice Paramedic role is a varied, fast paced role requiring a professional, calm and methodical approach to the work in-hand.
• To support a duty team - led by the daily duty doctor - helping to manage the urgent ‘on-the-day’ care needs of our patients, including some home visits.
• To be committed and focused in assessing the clinical needs of patients.
• To deliver first class primary care to patients and to be effective in triaging their needs to appropriate health care professionals.
• To adhere to the requirements of Data Protection under the General Practice Data Regulations (GDPR).
• To adhere to all staff policies including information governance; confidentiality and probity.
• To adhere to established medical protocols and procedures as well as legal guidelines and health and safety standards
• To keep abreast with new treatment and medical procedures through continuous training.
• To undertake any other duties that may be required from time-to-time.
• Experience working in primary care at paramedic practitioner level or as an independent prescriber, however consideration would be given to applicants without such experience and individual training needs could be supported.
• Knowledge of medical procedures, terminology and medications.
• Ability to stay calm and make the right decisions.
• Integrity and compassion towards the patient’s medical needs.
• Valid UK driver’s license
• Excellent administrative skills with ability to prioritise.
• Active team player.
• IT literate.
• To attend Protected Learning Time events and to undertake the required Statutory & Mandatory training as set out by the Clinical Commissioning Group.