This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced IT Systems Analyst to join an established educational institution based near Brighton & Hove.
You will be responsible for the practical, routine and technical tasks associated with the day-to-day operations of the enterprise-level IT data centres and the wide-ranging critical services delivered from them. Acting as a third-line contact and subject matter expert for new server and storage service requests and incident reporting, supporting a community of over 20,000 users and staff across multiple locations.
Core Activities, Duties and Key Tasks
* To use specialist technical knowledge and understanding of the internal systems to monitor and keep under review the core IT technical services, to proactively detect and resolve issues. Investigating and conducting operational problem determination analysis, fault diagnoses, tracking and problem resolution, especially in sustaining prevailing service level agreements
* Use specialist methods and procedures to technically administer, manage, and develop the enterprise-level IT On-Premise and Cloud / Hybrid IT infrastructure. Specifically including SANs, server virtualisation, server operating systems, server application platforms, backup systems, operational monitoring tools and other related hardware and software
* Providing specialist advise and recommendations in the use and operation of the core infrastructure server and storage services, fault diagnoses, IT equipment installations, maintenance and configuration
* To maintain the security of the datacentres' and server systems to recommend where appropriate necessary security improvements, especially in the implementation of the security policies
* To ensure the continuous operation of the data centres and the enterprise systems supported within them
* To backup, restore and baseline recovery of essential data and mission critical university services including use of offsite storage
* Prioritising and planning the implementation of IT infrastructure projects and new service developments as required, advising, managing and liaising with colleagues at all levels and external suppliers in order to achieve this
* To collaborate with the Service Desk during office hours, and act independently out of hours, with colleagues across the Department and beyond, providing IT technical subject matter expert specialist advice in the resolution of incidents and problems
* Extensive experience in IT Support, preferably 3rd line
* Practical experience in either VMware, Enterprise fibre channel storage/ datacentres or data backup services, Windows Server, O365, Red Hat Linux
* Degree or equivalent significant proven professional experience in a similar role
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.