Position: Temporary Caseworker
Salary: £12+ per hour
Hours: 9am to 5pm
Our client is looking for an experienced caseworker to join their team. You will be required to assist in managing casework for those requiring temporary and emergency accommodation, supporting the service with their response to Covid-19. You will be required to deliver a high level of customer service and will support self-service where possible. We will only accept applications from candidates who have previous experience as an emergency and temporary accommodation officer, as this is an essential requirement.
* Casework for homeless applicants requiring or using temporary accommodation
* Risk assessment and customer support to identify and ensure appropriate placement
* Managing placements including all necessary paperwork
* Completing sign-ups for accommodation
* Dealing with customer enquiries
* Investigating placement issues and complaints
* Providing guidance and tools to support with self-service
* Use of social media to promote the client's services and availability
* Enhancing knowledge of client's services and procedures
* Developing and maintaining good working relationships
* Record keeping, and ensuring all system information is up to date
This is a temporary position starting ASAP, on an ongoing basis. Due to the government's restrictions around Covid-19 you will be required to work from home initially, with a view to being office=based once restrictions are lifted.
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit our website for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.