An outstanding job opportunity has arisen for a committed Lead Psychologist to work in an exceptional hospital service based in the Hassocks, West Sussex area. As a Psychologist you will be working for one of UK's leading health care providers.
This special hospital is a specialist service providing care for people with mental illnesses and/or personality disorders. They have a male acute service, high dependency units for males and females, a female low secure unit, and a specialist personality disorder unit.
As a Lead Psychologist your day to day duties include:
• Ensuring the systematic provision of specialist psychological input for the patients at the hospital
• Oversee and provide systematic specialist psychological assessment, formulation, consultation and care planning
• Provide interventions as required across the site
• Delivering training, facilitating reflective practice and supervising colleagues will form part of the role
• To promote psychologically-informed conceptualisation and intervention across all teams
• Contribution to service development initiatives, audit and research are expected in order to develop and maintain a high standard of professional and evidence-based practice across the hospital
An ideal Lead Psychologist must have these skills and experience as they are beneficial for this position:
• Minimum 6 years’ experience working in mental health, with experience being a Consultant Psychologist / Head of Service
• Managerial and supervisory experience.
• Knowledge of Mental Health Act 1983 and related legislation.
• Experience of reviewing policies and procedures.
• Enthusiastic and self-motivated.
• High level of skill in at least one recognised and empirically validated psychological therapy.
• Leadership/motivational skills.
• Excellent analytic and research skills.
• IT skills.
• Able to promote effective working relationships
The successful Lead Psychologist will receive an excellent salary of £63,500 per annum. This exciting position is a Full Time role working 37.5 hours a week. In return for your hard work and commitment you will receive the following generous benefits:
• 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (at commencement of employment)
• A group Personal Pension Plan (GPPP)
• Private Medical Insurance Scheme
• Life Assurance
• Free meals while on duty
• Care first - Employee Assistance Services
• Continuous learning and development
• Childcare vouchers
• Career development
• Personal health insurance
• An employee assistance programme
• Voluntary benefit
To be considered for this position you must HCPC registration as a Practitioner Psychologist
Reference ID: 3375
To apply for this fantastic job role, please call Lily Harris on 0121 638 0567 or send your CV to [email protected]