Benefits: 22 days holiday (increasing with length of service) basic pension, discretionary annual bonus, parking, Employee Assistance Programme, cycle to work, Friday breakfast
Are you an experienced Head of Finance looking for a new opportunity? Do you want to work at a company that values every employee? Are you enthusiastic and a team player, with the ability to manage and inspire a team?
As Head of Finance, you will manage the performance and attendance of the finance team, whilst ensuring compliance with HMRC requirements and keeping abreast of changes in financial regulations and legislation. You will have excellent accounting principles knowledge, along with Sage (preferably Sage 200) and Iris payroll experience.
Using your adept problem solving, IT, numerical skills and attention to detail, you will be able to ensure that all bookkeeping and finance related roles are carried out efficiently, accurately and in a timely manner
* Manage the Finance team of 4
* Prepare monthly management reports, cash flows and forecasts as required and present to the board monthly to specific deadlines.
* Provide insights on the financial health of the business.
* Ensure compliance with overseas VAT requirements
* Liaise with auditors to ensure appropriate monitoring of company finances is maintained
* Liaise with accountants to keep abreast of Budget changes, benefits and tax efficiency
* Monitor and negotiate best rates for financial products and Forex
* Undertake projects to assess and improve the efficiency of the department, or with a view to long term cost saving, in line with the company AOP
* Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures for the company
* Develop and maintain external relationships with appropriate contacts, e.g. auditors, bankers and FX providers.
* With the directors, understand and develop long term strategies to enable the growth of the business
* Provide analysis of revenue and costs, compared to budgeted figures.
* Excellent accounting principles knowledge
* Ability to collate, prepare and interpret reports, budgets, accounts, commentaries, and financial statements
* Experience in an e-commerce environment (highly desired)
* Sage experience - ideally Sage 200
* Iris Payroll experience
* Payroll knowledge
* Advanced Excel
* Good oral and written communication skills
* Ability to work on own initiative
* Experience in a multi-currency business
* Forecasting experience and the ability to help guide the business from a financial perspective
Travail Employment Group is operating as an Employment Agency. Once you click to apply for this job your application will be immediately received by Travail Employment Group. If your application is successful a consultant will be in contact with you within the next 7 days. If you do not hear within 7 days you have unfortunately not been successful on this occasion.